Our primary aim here at Byerley Park Stables is to provide a safe, wholesome environment for children to discover a love for animals and the great outdoors, as an alternative to spending time in front of the television or in the mall.
We are located in Linbro Park, only 20 minutes away from Sandton.
Joan Harmsen, owner of Byerley Park Stables, is a S.A.N.E.F. (South African National Equestrian Federation) qualified instructor as well as a THS qualified judge, and has been working with horses since 1979.
We offer the following facilities to owners and baiters and riding school pupils:
- Top quality instruction in all disciplines for all ages, from beginner to advanced level.
- Supervised out rides through the Linbro Park country side.
- Canter track and cross country jumps.
- Regular shows held at Byerley Park Stables to enable all our enterprising “Gonda Beatrix’s” to see how they are progressing.
- Regular outings to outside shows for the more competitive riders.
- Three floodlit, silica sand arenas with top quality jumping equipment as well as a lunge ring.
- The fully stocked “Amazing Grazing” tuck shop. Facilities are available for children to do homework.
- We have a full time gate guard to ensure the safety of our clients.
- Large roomy stables with all the “creature comforts” our beloved equines could desire.
- Horses are out all day in large grassy paddocks.
- Our horses are fed three times a day, on individually formulated rations, with the option of a variety of feeds, best suited to your equine companion.
- Twenty Four hour supervision and care – there is always a knowledgeable and qualified person on hand to take care of the horses.
- The riding school is prepared to half bait your horse or pony from you to reduce your running cost.